Use the self-checkout station at the grocery store if that option is available. Buy fresh, local, and organic as much as possible. If the choice comes between buying organic fruits, vegetables or meat from some far-flung locale versus conventional local food, go with the local. Also, be sure not to get confused when checking out non-barcoded items such as produce. For instance, don’t accidentally pay more for conventional by entering it in as organic. Got it? Good. Eat well.
- Organizing, Not Activism: Chicago's Dyett HS Hunger Strikers Mark 11th Day Resisting Closing & Privatization of Their School
- Katrina: The Logic of Genocide
- Freedom Rider: Bernie Sanders' Conservative Foreign Policy
- A Rare Conviction of Killer Cops in South Africa
- Carl Dix: Revolutionary Communist – Fighting the Plague of Mass Incarceration
- The Myth of the Middle Class: Have Most Americans Always Been Poor?
- Self-Plagiarism and the Politics of Character Assassination: the Case of Zygmunt Bauman
- The Saudi Royals — Unchained
- Darker Horizons Ahead: Rethinking the War on ‘IS’
- Big Easy to Big Empty: The Untold Story of the Drowning of New Orleans
- Tank airlift explains why there are no photos of Russian tanks crossing the border. And there are aircraft carriers!
- RIP Russian Kiev, the "Mother of the Russian Cities"
- Breaking: Hollande and Merkel back Putin's Ceasefire Plan, Minsk II salvaged
- Ukraine, Vacation in Russia and open your eyes!
- Azov Prepares to launch 'political party' [video + photos]
20 Reasons to Support Cuba
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Fear, racism and the Trump campaign | PLUS: The meaning of the upcoming Greek elections
- The movement against police terror: growth and challenges | PLUS: Voices from California’s Central Valley: How the drought crisis impacts poor and working people
- The struggle against Puerto Rico’s unpayable debt
- The importance of Black August | PLUS: Marking the 70th anniversary of the U.S. atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- PSL delegation reports on #BlackLivesMatter conference | PLUS: Pure Food workers show example of fightback
Oppressive and Grey?
- 365 days in a bubble: Scientists to simulate life on Mars for a year
- 3 young children near to death rescued from trafficking van in Austria
- Assange says Snowden’s escape to Russia was his idea
- 11 killed, 219 injured in Saudi Arabia residential complex fire
- Malaysia's ex-PM calls for 'people power' mass protests to topple govt
Stalin’s Moustache: STALIN'S MOUSTACHE
The Truth about North Korea
- Former President Lula Marks Return to Brazilian Politics
- Al Jazeera Journalists Get 3 Years Jail in 'Attack on Press'
- Sisters Sentenced to Rape in India by All-Male Village Council
- Guatemala: Commission Asks Congress to Strip President Immunity
- Venezuelan Supreme Court Backs Maduro's State of Exception
- Part of the Imperialist West’s Line of March: Hushing Up—and Profiting from—Saudi Aggressions, while Warmongering against Russia
- Cuba’s Low Level of Internet Use: Not a Policy of Restricting the Flow of Information
- The Dung Heap of Procedural Democracy
- US- S. Korea Exploiting DMZ Mine Incident to Divert Attention from Anti-N Korea Provocations
- Terrorism from Damascus’s perspective
Is China Really Socialist?