Listed on these pages are films, music and books that I have found to contain progressive messages and ideas or some other valuable tidbit. Not all of these selections are necessarily overtly promoting socialism or socialist values, but they have nevertheless resonated with me and, intentionally or not, taught me something important about the world we live in, how things really are, and how they ought to be. Sometimes I glance back through these lists and wonder why I included certain items, but it must have contained some passage or scene that made me think. So, these are just suggestions for you to consider. You just might get something beneficial out of them, or you may not. Your call.
- Freedom Rider: Putin Bombs ISIS, Obama Bombs a Hospital
- Tell the New Education Secretary: Charter Schools Flunk Out in New Orleans
- Imperialism’s Dead-End in Syria Hastened by Russia and China’s Increased Support to Syrian Government
- Sankarist Spirit Resurges in Burkina Faso
- Obama: Valedictorian of the U.S. School of Lies and Aggression
- Participation Rate Crashes to October 1977 Level: Americans Not in the Labor Force Soar by 579,000 to Record 94.6 Million
- AfPak – A New Regional Scenario
- Washington’s war crime in Afghanistan – Doctors Without Borders (Kunduz)
- Refugees Face Fences and Force in ‘Prison-Like’ European Hotspots
- “Time of Exile” Review – Morality and Goodness In Times of Immorality and Evil
- Brzezinski: CIA assets in Syria struck by Moscow
- Marco Rubio would risk war with Russia in order to enforce a no-fly zone (video)
- Kiev learned nothing from loss of Crimea and Donbass
- The Kiev authorities are afraid of peace in Donbas
- 60% of Crimean Ukrainians identified themselves as Russians at the latest census
20 Reasons to Support Cuba
- Rusia entra en la guerra en Siria, revelando la hipocresía y las contradicciones de Washington
- San Francisco film showing commemorating Indigenous Peoples’ Day: “In Whose Honor?
- Russia enters Syria war, exposing hypocrisy and contradictions of U.S. policy
- The workers’ struggle has no borders—Wall Street is our common enemy
- Far right mobilizes—Beat them back!
- Jeremy Corbyn’s election advances the struggles against imperialism and austerity | PLUS: Capitalism’s assault on the Ogallala Aquifer
- Guatemala protests signal new resistance | PLUS: March for Indigenous Peoples’ Day of Resistance & Resilience
- The Cold War: class-based conflict on a global scale
- Fear, racism and the Trump campaign | PLUS: The meaning of the upcoming Greek elections
- The movement against police terror: growth and challenges | PLUS: Voices from California’s Central Valley: How the drought crisis impacts poor and working people
Oppressive and Grey?
- Cameron’s flagship housing policy only helps the rich, campaigners warn
- 4 Russian warships launch 26 missiles against ISIS from Caspian sea
- Fitch downgrades Kiev to restrictive default
- Britain to order 4 new Trident nuclear submarines – Cameron
- Opposition MPs call for all Russian media to report foreign funding
- EU Calls for Turkey to Return to Peace Process With Kurds
- Lame Duck Cameron Buries Europe Time Bomb in Party Speech
- US, UK Urged to Halt Saudi Weapons Supply Over Yemen War Crime Claims
- #PutinDay: Social Media Celebrates Russian Leader's Birthday
- Fights Break Out in German Asylum Camps as Violence Spreads
Stalin’s Moustache: STALIN'S MOUSTACHE
The Truth about North Korea
- Ronaldo Opens Up About Sir Alex Ferguson's Terrible Temper
- Scientists Find Rat With Characteristics 'Never Before Seen'
- Colombian Juan Carlos Osorio Takes Over Mexico's Soccer Team
- El Chapo's Prison Guards Were Playing 'Solitaire' as He Escaped
- Switzerland Blocks Accounts of Top Brazilian Opposition Leader
Is China Really Socialist?