Listed on these pages are films, music and books that I have found to contain progressive messages and ideas or some other valuable tidbit. Not all of these selections are necessarily overtly promoting socialism or socialist values, but they have nevertheless resonated with me and, intentionally or not, taught me something important about the world we live in, how things really are, and how they ought to be. Sometimes I glance back through these lists and wonder why I included certain items, but it must have contained some passage or scene that made me think. So, these are just suggestions for you to consider. You just might get something beneficial out of them, or you may not. Your call.
- Organizing, Not Activism: Chicago's Dyett HS Hunger Strikers Mark 11th Day Resisting Closing & Privatization of Their School
- Katrina: The Logic of Genocide
- Freedom Rider: Bernie Sanders' Conservative Foreign Policy
- A Rare Conviction of Killer Cops in South Africa
- Carl Dix: Revolutionary Communist – Fighting the Plague of Mass Incarceration
- Varieties of Violence
- Did You Know That The U.S. No Longer Has Any Strategic Grain Reserves At All?
- BREAKING – UAF Massively shelling DPR – Drastic Deterioration [video]
- ‘Islamic State’ Pretence and the Upcoming Wars in Libya
- The Contradictions of U.S. Sponsored Terrorism: Pentagon’s “New” Syrian Rebels to Direct U.S. Airstrikes against ISIS and Assad’s Government Forces
- Buy a seat in the Verkhovna Rada: $3,000,000 to $10,000,000. A good investment
- Ishchenko: Russia May Soon Use Airforce on UAF
- Polish Bikers Warmly Received in Russia, a stark contrast to Night Wolves fiasco [video]
- Zakharchenko Interview Exclusive: "The war can only end in our unconditional victory"
- The Collapsing World Order is Russia's New Challenge
20 Reasons to Support Cuba
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Albuquerque Forum – 10 Years Since Hurricane Katrina: The ‘New’ New Orleans… Without Poor People
- Philadelphia: Pack the court for Tyree Carroll
- July was the hottest month on record
- China currency devaluation and signs of slowdown spark global financial panic
- Eyewitness Report: Palestinian Political Prisoners and the Struggle for Liberation
- The movement against police terror: growth and challenges | PLUS: Voices from California’s Central Valley: How the drought crisis impacts poor and working people
- The struggle against Puerto Rico’s unpayable debt
- The importance of Black August | PLUS: Marking the 70th anniversary of the U.S. atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
- PSL delegation reports on #BlackLivesMatter conference | PLUS: Pure Food workers show example of fightback
- Winning reforms and fighting for revolutionary change
Oppressive and Grey?
- Heads of Russian, French Upper Houses Agree to Intensify Сooperation
- US Envoy to Syria, Russian Diplomats Conclude Moscow Talks
- US Envoy to Syria Arrives in Moscow for Crisis Settlement Talks
- Matvienko Visa Issue 'Shameless Violation' of Int'l Law by US - Naryshkin
- Saudi-Led Coalition Prepares to Storm Sanaa, Al-Qaeda Gains Ground in Yemen
Stalin’s Moustache: STALIN'S MOUSTACHE
The Truth about North Korea
Is China Really Socialist?