Listed on these pages are films, music and books that I have found to contain progressive messages and ideas or some other valuable tidbit. Not all of these selections are necessarily overtly promoting socialism or socialist values, but they have nevertheless resonated with me and, intentionally or not, taught me something important about the world we live in, how things really are, and how they ought to be. Sometimes I glance back through these lists and wonder why I included certain items, but it must have contained some passage or scene that made me think. So, these are just suggestions for you to consider. You just might get something beneficial out of them, or you may not. Your call.
- Why Sanders is surging | PLUS: Imperialist war and the rise of ISIS
- Turkey excludes Kurdish groups from peace talks | PLUS: Haiti rises up
- Women fight back against healthcare attacks | PLUS: Iran gains breathing room after nuclear deal
- Report on the Black Radical Tradition Conference | PLUS: Native activist tells the history of lands held by OR militia
- Could talks lead to a ceasefire in Syria?
- ISIS used chemical weapons, may have more - CIA chief
- ‘Hawks let loose’: Drone warfare ‘lowers killing threshold,’ study claims
- Counter-terror laws hampering Islamic charities’ work – former ministers
- Merkel’s migrant policy ‘unsustainable,’ says French PM
- Whistleblower doctor wins £1.2mn in damages over false ‘sex pervert’ accusations by hospital bosses
- Dutch Foreign Minister to Visit Russia in Spring - Moscow
- UK Tech Sector to Suffer if Gov't Doesn't Change Anti-Immigrant Rhetoric
- Five Years After Protests, Bahrain Critics Facing 'Widespread Crackdown'
- Liberation of Aleppo: What the Western Media is Shy About Showing
- An Unbearable Burden: US at Pains to Resolve Numerous Regional Conflicts
Stalin’s Moustache: STALIN'S MOUSTACHE
- What US Congress Researchers Reveal About Washington’s Designs on Syria
- US Role as State Sponsor of Terrorism Implied in US Congressional Research Service Report on Syria Conflict
- In Syria Petition, an Odd “Left’ Abandoned Concrete Analysis for Demagogy
- The ‘Anti-Imperialist’ Who Got Libya Wrong Serves Up The Same Failed Analysis on Syria
- Suppose a respectable opinion poll found that Bashar al-Assad has more support than the Western-backed opposition. Would that not be major news?
20 Reasons to Support Cuba
Oppressive and Grey?
The Truth about North Korea
Is China Really Socialist?
The Rational Destruction of Yugoslavia